« Home | Thumbs Up for Ratatouille (Rat-a-too-ee) » | Japan dreaming... » | Feeling good.... » | Spied... » | teaser for Oct'07.. » | Untitled » | Media violence these days.... » | Just for fun... » | Updates from Day 04 - the trip home... » | Update from Day 03 - the morning after... »

Officially TaylorMade-d :)

Funny how it turned out when I was looking for the Nike Ignite Irons and the R7 XD irons @ the Golfers' Network Golf Sale in Harbourfront today and chanced upon the TM's R5 XL irons going for quite a good price and bargain.

Well, the R7s are really nice but I find that for my 1st official set of golf clubs, I would do with something simple and game improving instead of having to struggle with clubs that is meant for mid-handicappers...

After testing out the R5 XL and comparing them with the R7 CGB irons and the Nike's CCI irons, I find the R5 XL has a cool advantage of only a slightly smaller sole compared to the R7 and therefore it's very forgiving on off-centered shots and consistent loft/ distance hits (i always have a problem with lofting it high enough). And I find that the XL has shifted the balance about 1.5 - 2inches away from the head (compared to the Nike and the current S-Yard set I'm using) so that means I can train myself to hit further and harder and progressively, I can get a better set of irons weighted nearer the clubheads when I graduate from this newbie stage.

A further read on the internet reviewed that the R5 XL is a good starter set for beginners.. hahaha.. Yippee! For once I know I haven't bought something that I will regret. TM has these irons made exclusively for Japanese markets and the good thing, no knock-offs (ie: grey set from our friendly mass producers, China). Thank God I got the last set for the (S)tiffer TM shafts coz I really like a lot of control factor when the clubface hits the ball. The (R)egular TM flex shaft is just too 'bendy' even when doing the waggle test - therefore a loss of control on direction upon impact even though it helps in the distance.


For those who are looking around for golf stuff, the sale is @ Harbourfront Lobby A (LRT exit to Harbourfront, not Vivocity), lotsa good stuff for reasonable price. Sale ends this Sunday. Callaway X2.0 irons going for only S$1.2K (retails around S$1.8k for graphites). TM's R7 burner going for S$400 est.

The TM set (graphite shafts from TM) comes with 10 pc irons (#3 - #9 + AW,SW,PW) and a free TM R5 XL cartbag for only SGD$ 699! Tomorrow - look for Fairway Woods and maybe a 460cc Driver

Can't wait to go the range/ greens to, as Xiao Long Bao texted, 'baptise' this set.. hehehe.... ^.^

----------------------- Updated 08/09 -----------------------

Went down with Xiao Long Bao this morning to take a look @ Putters, Fairway woods and driver and I didn't buy any!

hahaha.. resisted the temptation even when I was seriously enamored with Nike's new putters:

Nike Golf OZ T100 (Black) putter
The T100 putter is slightly heavier and smaller but it's really something I love. The feel is really responsive even though the weight is balanced similarly to those mallet putters.


Nike Golf's OZ T130 putter
The T130 putter is similar to the Odyssey 2Ball putters but distributes the weight to the 2 corners thus creating a flat downweight that maintained good right angles when putting.


The feel is amazing, Nike's really pouring a lot money into R&D. The conventional putters just can't compared to the balanced weightage of the Nike OZ putters.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm Shutterbug
  • From- Singapore
  • What- Photographer
My profile

Email...

    ron@eye-deas.com

Supporter of:

    Pupsik Studio

    Sparkle Thots

Movie muse

    IronMan 2008 *****/5

Shout Outs


Calender

  • 15/12 :: Proud owners of our own Loft!

  • 19/12 :: House Reno begins

  • 19/12 :: All-White XMas Party @ The Pond

  • 20/12 :: WPN Xmas Party @ Lightpixels Wessex

  • 25/12 :: Merry Christmas everyone!

  • 31/12 :: New Year's Eve Dinner @ Yveon Loft

  • 01/01 :: Happy 2009 everyone!

  • 07/12 - 10/12 :: Good bye Bishan, Hello Bukit Panjang

  • 19/01 :: Renovation completion

Vision'08

  • SAVE UP FOR OUR CUSTOMARY WEDDING !

  • To serve more efficiently in God's kingdom

  • To cultivate a closer relationship with my loved ones

  • To lose 10 kgs

  • To learn to be more sensitive spiritually and emotionally

  • To go for a liveonboard dive trip again

  • To exercise musicianship professionally

  • Have a solo photography exhibition in 2008

  • Love more, give more and bless others more!

  • Expanding my photography business

Travel dreams...

  • Watch a live Sumo match in Japan

  • Climb Mt Fuji

  • Watch the Northern lights

  • Play the slots in Las Vegas

  • Trek Nepal

  • Dive in Maldives

  • Shoot New York City

Links

Powered by
& Blogger Templates
I support
What The Duck - Cash or Cheque?