« Home | Finally... » | TIMELESS - The Art of Wedding Photography is up. » | 八月的最后一天。。。新加坡的雨季也开始了 » | Ohh hoo... I love this one! » | Here we go... What the Duck comic series » | Another 'WHAT THE DUCK" » | Awesome God » | taken off Wes&Jo's blog (of Memphis West) so true ... » | I felt drained.... » | I dread Sunday's lunch... »

An entry of updates and thanksgiving...

At last, after a hectic whirlwind 4 days, I finally found the time to settle down to blog and this entry is specially dedicated to giving thanks for God's grace and mercy.


My mum has moved into the normal ward on Day 04 (Monday 04 Sept 2006) after an amazing short stint from the ICU on Fri and Sat and then to the High Dependancy Ward on Sat - Mon afternoon. Her recovery was nothing short of a miracle to say the least. Her doctor was most optimistic on her pace of recovery and we, as her family members, were most relieved that she is looking better each passing day.

Altogether, she did 3 bypass on the major arteries that were life-threatening if untreated and the 4th was deemed a minor case and not problematic. Although the docs would like to do up the 4th one, my mum has no more available veins to be used to repair it. On the day of her operation (1st September 06), both my youngest brother and I camped overnight in the hospital as her op is scheduled to be the 1st case in the morning @ 7am.
It rained briefly that morning and so I went in to check on her, only to find her crying quietly. At that moment, all was still and it's just me and my mum. We had a heart to heart talk to ease her anxiety and I have also laid down the burden that I have been carrying all these years after my parents' divorce. At that moment, all I can see was this woman who has given life to me, carried me through my childhood and nurtured me into the person I am today... in this moment of honesty, all that has happened in the past seemed insignificant already and in my heart, I felt a sigh of relief and knew that God will take care of everything from now on.

I prayed over my mum just as she was been preped to go to the Operating Theatre and I'm surprised that she has many christian friends as well who came and prayed for her over the past days. God is great to have sent so many angels to watch over my mum :)

The operation took 4 hours plus/minus, exactly what the presiding doctor said it would be and I can only praise God in happy tears when my mum was wheeled out of the OT. Shyam came over later and we had lunch. I cried when I wanted to say grace coz all that anxiety and worries over my mum has been lifted and I thank God for the emotional support I have from friends and the church. I knew it in my heart that God has made His plans and His plan is perfect. Through this experience, we drew close as a family. I have laid down the unnecessary burden that I have been carrying and renewed the faith that God is in control all this time.

Thank you to you all for your concerns and your prayers, they have given her hope and the will to go through the operation. She confided to me after she was moved out of the ICU that on the day of her op, she did not feel a tinge of anxiety in the operating theatre but a feeling of calmness as opposed to her previous operations. I knew that God was with her that moment in time.

Currently, she is doing very well and should be discharged from the hospital around the end of this week and then it's home for further recuperation. Praise the Lord!

Thank You God for looking after my mum. Thank You for the successful operation that has given her a new lease of life, thank You God for the advancement of medical science that has given Your creation a 2nd chance in life.

Father I thank You that You have blessed the surgeons and the medical team with precision so that there's no complications. Thank You Lord for Your Healing hands that is upon my mum, I pray Father that during this time of healing, she will be able to find physical and emotional rest in You. I pray Lord that You continue to send angels to guide her and to help her. Thank You Father that through this experience, there have been emotional closures and new doors that opened to better relationships. Thank You Lord for friends around that are angels sent by You to give support and love.

Father I lift my mum unto Your Hands as she continue to be healed. I pray Lord that during her healing period in the hospital and at home, there will always be someone around to take good care of her. I ask Lord that You nurture the seed that has been planted in her, that one day she will come to acknowledge that You are Lord and Saviour and be granted eternal life.

I pray all these in Jesus's most precious name. Amen!

:)

That's great news Ron.

Great news! Hope your mom gets well soon! :)

Hey ron, best wishes for your mum. Also, you HK book looks fantastic, must drop by and loot at it soon.

Kuang

thanks guys for your concerns and well-wishes :)

Kuang, haha.. thanks, I look forward to hearing your views on it also. See ya thurs, will drop by Haji lane to return Ead his stuff also.

praise God Ron. Praise God (",)

-starsapphire

that's right. thank god for everything. just to let you know, there are people keeping you and your family in prayer.

cheers!

Thanks nonchann and starsapphire :) It's very encouraging to know that

good to hear that everything's fine. things will only get better:)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Shutterbug
  • From- Singapore
  • What- Photographer
My profile

Email...

    ron@eye-deas.com

Supporter of:

    Pupsik Studio

    Sparkle Thots

Movie muse

    IronMan 2008 *****/5

Shout Outs


Calender

  • 15/12 :: Proud owners of our own Loft!

  • 19/12 :: House Reno begins

  • 19/12 :: All-White XMas Party @ The Pond

  • 20/12 :: WPN Xmas Party @ Lightpixels Wessex

  • 25/12 :: Merry Christmas everyone!

  • 31/12 :: New Year's Eve Dinner @ Yveon Loft

  • 01/01 :: Happy 2009 everyone!

  • 07/12 - 10/12 :: Good bye Bishan, Hello Bukit Panjang

  • 19/01 :: Renovation completion

Vision'08

  • SAVE UP FOR OUR CUSTOMARY WEDDING !

  • To serve more efficiently in God's kingdom

  • To cultivate a closer relationship with my loved ones

  • To lose 10 kgs

  • To learn to be more sensitive spiritually and emotionally

  • To go for a liveonboard dive trip again

  • To exercise musicianship professionally

  • Have a solo photography exhibition in 2008

  • Love more, give more and bless others more!

  • Expanding my photography business

Travel dreams...

  • Watch a live Sumo match in Japan

  • Climb Mt Fuji

  • Watch the Northern lights

  • Play the slots in Las Vegas

  • Trek Nepal

  • Dive in Maldives

  • Shoot New York City

Links

Powered by
& Blogger Templates
I support
What The Duck - Cash or Cheque?