« Home | Editing period again.... » | 3 plush toys » | toilet peepshow » | Much to Do about Nothing » | My 2nd brother is off to BMT. » | The long update... » | muddlehead me... » | Get Firefox! » | Mobile Meme » | Mariam »

MIssing Taipei...

Long time no updates so here's one...

Suddenly I miss Taipei.. the cold nights in the streets during their winter season, the feeling of hot food in your hands as you walk along the night markets and soak in the sights and scenes of this city that's both culturally diversed and yet, retaining a certain unique favor that made me want to visit time and again.

Maybe it's just me but I do really enjoy Taipei compared to Hong Kong and in the strangest sense, a lot of people I asked said the opposite. They find Taipei a place too rowdy and too simple for their liking.. well, for me, I enjoyed Taiwan ever since my 1st visit as a cadet in training during OCS in year 2000 :)

I was not influenced by those variety shows you see like Jacky Wu's so it's really a pure like experience when I took my 1st leisure tour of Taipei.. I guess it's the feel of the place which I enjoy. The city sprawling with many nooks and corners, hiding shops that is almost impossible to find, the interesting mix in cultures from Chinese and Japanese, the beautifuul landscapes and the development of the city... it's just so appealing. I was telling a fellow friend of mine when we were in Hong Kong for a photographer's exchange that I seriously find more things to shoot in Taipei compared to Hong Kong.

Guess I made an avid fan of Taipei out of Ms Clover who also had initial dislikes of the island but after that, we made like 2 trips together and each one lasting longer and longer... hehehe... I really missed the winter period where the feeling of just stepping out into the very cool evening after a nice long soak in the bathhouse in BeiTou and hitting the streets for night market food is just so incredible...

Sigh...

dun sign lay...:P
YOu told me how much you love taiwan before..I can recalled back how you said everything when i read this.
So make a trip there during your honeymoon lor or another pre-honeymoon also can... how about end of this year..it not too far away.. :P

by the way..that sunset is nice!

heheh... yeah. juz suddenly feeling nostalgic about taipei :) WIll definitely make time to go back there to njoy the culture and feel again. Yupz, I was blessed to get the orange sunset that day coz the rest of the days were gloomy and this was taken on the day of Stefanie Sun's Concert @ the Wharf in Dan Shui

thanks for sharing...must be very very memorable..

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Shutterbug
  • From- Singapore
  • What- Photographer
My profile

Email...

    ron@eye-deas.com

Supporter of:

    Pupsik Studio

    Sparkle Thots

Movie muse

    IronMan 2008 *****/5

Shout Outs


Calender

  • 15/12 :: Proud owners of our own Loft!

  • 19/12 :: House Reno begins

  • 19/12 :: All-White XMas Party @ The Pond

  • 20/12 :: WPN Xmas Party @ Lightpixels Wessex

  • 25/12 :: Merry Christmas everyone!

  • 31/12 :: New Year's Eve Dinner @ Yveon Loft

  • 01/01 :: Happy 2009 everyone!

  • 07/12 - 10/12 :: Good bye Bishan, Hello Bukit Panjang

  • 19/01 :: Renovation completion

Vision'08

  • SAVE UP FOR OUR CUSTOMARY WEDDING !

  • To serve more efficiently in God's kingdom

  • To cultivate a closer relationship with my loved ones

  • To lose 10 kgs

  • To learn to be more sensitive spiritually and emotionally

  • To go for a liveonboard dive trip again

  • To exercise musicianship professionally

  • Have a solo photography exhibition in 2008

  • Love more, give more and bless others more!

  • Expanding my photography business

Travel dreams...

  • Watch a live Sumo match in Japan

  • Climb Mt Fuji

  • Watch the Northern lights

  • Play the slots in Las Vegas

  • Trek Nepal

  • Dive in Maldives

  • Shoot New York City

Links

Powered by
& Blogger Templates
I support
What The Duck - Cash or Cheque?