« Home | muddlehead me... » | Get Firefox! » | Mobile Meme » | Mariam » | Overdue Update - Part 2 » | Overdue Update - Part 1 » | Crazy week » | Can't get enuf of brides' back » | meow....... :) » | Long way round.... »

The long update...

Finally got a little wee time to blog.

Just recovered from sore throat & flu (must be the heaty season) while nursing my slightly sprained ankle from the shoot on Sunday. Went to see a chinese physician who nearly rubbed the tears out of me when he applied the traditional chinese massage on the ankle that was a litle swollen around the joint.

Meantime, was coordinating a repair around the house, last week a thunder storm tripped one of my air-con compressors and supposedly rendered it dead but thank God that it was just a electric trip and no repairs is required (the cost of replacing the compressor is around $500+) and due to the same thunderstorm, my PeeCee's motherboard got fused out at the graphics card... darn... why all the things are breaking down all at the same time? Anyway, decided since it's already 4 years old plus , I decided to send it in for an overhaul at a PC shop near my place.

In general, my new computer has gotten some goodies:

1) a new Medium casing (Power Logic Modena 1200X) with a see-through side panel & exhaust fan,

2) a new motherboard from Gigabyte (P4 Titan Intel chip 3.0Ghz)

3) DDR2 ram chips &

4) Leadtek's Winfast Nvidia [Geforce] A6600 GT TDH (AGP8x 128mb DDR3)

while I cannibalised my old sound card, HDDs and ROM drives. All in all, it cost me SGD$900. Not bad coz noe it is going to last me for another 3 - 4 years before any problems. If anyone needs a spare graphics card (Nvidia Geforce 2MX) or a PCI Lan card, do let me know :)

Sent my flash down for flash bulb replacement today also... it unexpectedly burst its last flash over at a client's wedding on Sunday (just before the march-in some more) and frantically, I have to arrange for a spare to be brought down to Conrad side... thank God that Teh Peng is at home and managed to link up with Ms Clover to settle this pressing matter within the anxious 20 minutes. Thanks you guys... must treat you to supper liao...

Thinking of getting a 580EX now coz I realised the lifespan of a flash bulb is about 2 years and a spare must always be around. Thankfully, I brought along my 10D which provided some flash photography for the cake cutting.

* Lyn & Siang Chee, so sorry for the inconvienence that evening. Still amazed how you managed to find my blog... the quirks of the internet. Will get the lens cap from you when we meet up ya? :)

Back to work!

Hi Ron, that's strange, a recent thunderstorm also damaged my monitor. Got an slightly off-colour purple patch on one of the corners. I think that the surge protector prevented the whole thing from being fried.

You might want to try getting a surge protector for your new system.

Hey Paul,

Yupz, invested in one already... Thankfully, nothing else got shorted out.. a real blow to the wallet already... :D

Must watch it coz these days the weather can be very unpredictable

Hi ron,
Didn't realise u had a sprained ankle tt day..ur such a trooper! hope u feel better soon..

checked out your model shots tt u mentioned to me..VERY nice :)

so nice to have a friend like tehpeng... good job soldier!!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Shutterbug
  • From- Singapore
  • What- Photographer
My profile

Email...

    ron@eye-deas.com

Supporter of:

    Pupsik Studio

    Sparkle Thots

Movie muse

    IronMan 2008 *****/5

Shout Outs


Calender

  • 15/12 :: Proud owners of our own Loft!

  • 19/12 :: House Reno begins

  • 19/12 :: All-White XMas Party @ The Pond

  • 20/12 :: WPN Xmas Party @ Lightpixels Wessex

  • 25/12 :: Merry Christmas everyone!

  • 31/12 :: New Year's Eve Dinner @ Yveon Loft

  • 01/01 :: Happy 2009 everyone!

  • 07/12 - 10/12 :: Good bye Bishan, Hello Bukit Panjang

  • 19/01 :: Renovation completion

Vision'08

  • SAVE UP FOR OUR CUSTOMARY WEDDING !

  • To serve more efficiently in God's kingdom

  • To cultivate a closer relationship with my loved ones

  • To lose 10 kgs

  • To learn to be more sensitive spiritually and emotionally

  • To go for a liveonboard dive trip again

  • To exercise musicianship professionally

  • Have a solo photography exhibition in 2008

  • Love more, give more and bless others more!

  • Expanding my photography business

Travel dreams...

  • Watch a live Sumo match in Japan

  • Climb Mt Fuji

  • Watch the Northern lights

  • Play the slots in Las Vegas

  • Trek Nepal

  • Dive in Maldives

  • Shoot New York City

Links

Powered by
& Blogger Templates
I support
What The Duck - Cash or Cheque?