« Home | EYEDEAS is back.. with a simple vengence » | 英語のレッスン » | ... » | Pop Art.... » | Cool runnings.... » | Updates to the Blog » | Fast & Furious: Tokyo Drift » | Erica Lai's work » | Ups and Downs... » | Sometimes you need to just release those tension... »

Weekend Updates

One thing I found out about myself - I still love BBQ-ing...

Sat's YAM gathering @ Alex's condo was wonderful. Lotsa food and I managed to practice squash for nearly 1.5 hours. Well, the night wears on with light drizzle of rain (Pastor prayed for the rain to stop and indeed it did. Praise the Lord!) and the BBQ got into full swing around 8 plus. Ha.. imagine trying to get just 5 pieces of sting ray meat cooking in very slow fire... took us (Leon & myself about 1 hr plus just to get it cooked halfway) so we decided to restart the fire and viola, the fire was really good so we did stir frying instead - buttered sotongs with black pepper sauce, belachan stingrays and marinated pork pieces...

actually I like the process of cooking for people but I don't eat the things I cook... hahah so the whole night I was stationed at the BBQ with Leon, just cooking and talking away. Thankfully, no one LS the next day.. hehehe

Sun. After church, Ms Clover and I went down to ADEX (Asia Dive Expo) @ Suntec to see what we can pick up from the last day of the expo. The expo mainly showcased the many types of diving trips and equipment that is either on clearance or newly launched. Now that the both of us are crazy about diving and hooked on breathing canned air, this expo really opened my eyes to the number of diving enthusiasts in Singapore. And the many diving spots all over the region... I want to go Seven Seas Wreck and Layang Layang..... sob sob...

Ms Clover was looking for her set of equipment (I bought them back when I was preping my trip to Manado in Mar) but found nothing really nice although I was rather tempted by Oceanic's BCD (Bouyancy Control Device) which comes with a 2nd stage regulator for a really good price of SGD$ 760+/- but then again, I am not ready to part with this money for that. For now, I will just rent from dive shops. A funny thing I noticed was that I can't find my fav scuba diving brand around - Scubapro

Eventually we just got a good mesh bag for our gears and a glo-toobe for underwater signalling purposes...

The other thing which I was really tempted by was the Citizen Eco-Drive Dive watches (esp the Aqualand series)... and divided by the sheer look of the Suunto's D6 (stainless steel version) & D9 (Titanium casing version) dive watches which is equally attractive ( not the price though.. basically, they cost SGD$800 - 1K and up, the D9 cost a very cool SGD$2.3K)

Anyway, as we, again, got nitrogen hungry, we decided to book ourselves a dive trip (liveaboard) to Pulau Aur (near Dayang, MY) - info here & here and I managed to rope my dive buddy, Sam , in for the trip as we want to expand on our SSI advanced specialty courses. Hehehe.... so exciting to just plan and decide on the spot to sign up and go!

well, here's an U/W shot long overdue. Sam & me in Manado




We ended our day @ Yveon's for dinner and spend the good part of the evening working on the new EYE-DEAS website which is officially up and running till Beta 3 version is concieved. It's a blessing to have good friends like them :)

Okie, that's the updates for now... :)

About me

  • I'm Shutterbug
  • From- Singapore
  • What- Photographer
My profile

Email...

    ron@eye-deas.com

Supporter of:

    Pupsik Studio

    Sparkle Thots

Movie muse

    IronMan 2008 *****/5

Shout Outs


Calender

  • 15/12 :: Proud owners of our own Loft!

  • 19/12 :: House Reno begins

  • 19/12 :: All-White XMas Party @ The Pond

  • 20/12 :: WPN Xmas Party @ Lightpixels Wessex

  • 25/12 :: Merry Christmas everyone!

  • 31/12 :: New Year's Eve Dinner @ Yveon Loft

  • 01/01 :: Happy 2009 everyone!

  • 07/12 - 10/12 :: Good bye Bishan, Hello Bukit Panjang

  • 19/01 :: Renovation completion

Vision'08

  • SAVE UP FOR OUR CUSTOMARY WEDDING !

  • To serve more efficiently in God's kingdom

  • To cultivate a closer relationship with my loved ones

  • To lose 10 kgs

  • To learn to be more sensitive spiritually and emotionally

  • To go for a liveonboard dive trip again

  • To exercise musicianship professionally

  • Have a solo photography exhibition in 2008

  • Love more, give more and bless others more!

  • Expanding my photography business

Travel dreams...

  • Watch a live Sumo match in Japan

  • Climb Mt Fuji

  • Watch the Northern lights

  • Play the slots in Las Vegas

  • Trek Nepal

  • Dive in Maldives

  • Shoot New York City

Links

Powered by
& Blogger Templates
I support
What The Duck - Cash or Cheque?