« Home | Chilling on a rainy Wed.... » | investments... hush hush stage » | 2nd weekend of July... (part II) » | 2nd weekend of July... (part I) » | Dug this up... » | Transformer Anime » | presenting... » | Congratulations to Mr & Mrs Silver_CRV!!! » | Pictures of Le Bistrot » | Monday can't be blue.... »

PeeCee's back...

and it's bigger, faster, better and badder...

I was having alot of trouble with my old PC a while back (2 weeks ag0 actually) and was quite to the point of frustration due to the fact that there's something seriously wrong with my reinstallation of Home XP even when I tried to update every component. MSI services stopped on its own, installations just stopped installing after awhile, Antivirus program crashed and can't be revived despite a clean reinstallation.. all in all, the worst nightmare for a normal user....

Well, I took the plunge and went off to my neighbourhood computer shop (PC ZONE) to get a new system and load it up with more current setup. Now I'm once again, a happy man :D
Ms Clover is just happy that she can once again take on the role of the dominatrix in C&C 3: Tiberium Wars and trash those A.I armies to smithereens no less...

So the new specs are:

a) Intel Pentium D (Dual Core) P4 chipset 3.0 Ghz 925 processor
b) Gigabyte S-Series Motherboard GA945GCMX (775pin)
c) 2Gb DDR2 ram (667mhz)
d) nVidia GeForce 8600 GT series - 256mb DDR3 Video graphics card
e) Windows Vista Home Premium
f) Modena 1100x casing with 3 exhaust fans

In comparison to my old computer which I bought in June last year, I like the current setup although I'm sad that I have to give up my nVidia Geforce A6600 GT coz it's a AGP card (which requires additional power supply from the PSU) while the new Geforce 8600 draws power from the Motherboard itself and I have spent a considerable amount on the A6600.

Since the new motherboard uses SATA to for the drives, I have combined my SATA & IDE HDDs into the housing via a highspeed expansion IDE PCI card so now I have 2 SATA external drive housings empty for future expansion... it's quite amazing that the Modena 1100x can hold a total of 3 ROM drives and 5 HDDs in all...

So again, if anyone wants to buy the Leadtek nVidia Geforce A6600 GT (one of the more powerful kind for Shader applications and 3D games) graphics card, please contact me ya? The card is in excellant condition and comes with all the box, manual and installation CD.

did I mention that Vista rox? :D

Labels: , ,

rock on!!

so l33t haha :)

your setup is sweet man. have fun. :-) wes

Wes: sigh.. speed budget setup lor... I'm just dying for the newer nVidia's Graphics cards and Motherboard... but can't get them unless I go SimLim and spend a bomb :p

actually, you aren't missing much. really. coz the new 6XX SLI motherboards have serious issues with QC, etc. Also SLI setups are a hit or miss affair, I got a friend pulling his hair out, you are better off with a single card video card. cutting edge stuff are bleeding people.

maybe you can upgrade to a supa 8800 video card if you are doing more serious work, like BF2 or BF2142.

wes

Wes: so desu.. ha! you like FPS too? hehehehe.... :D

haha. hardcore. uncle heng always shakes his head when i mention fps. wes

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Shutterbug
  • From- Singapore
  • What- Photographer
My profile

Email...

    ron@eye-deas.com

Supporter of:

    Pupsik Studio

    Sparkle Thots

Movie muse

    IronMan 2008 *****/5

Shout Outs


Calender

  • 15/12 :: Proud owners of our own Loft!

  • 19/12 :: House Reno begins

  • 19/12 :: All-White XMas Party @ The Pond

  • 20/12 :: WPN Xmas Party @ Lightpixels Wessex

  • 25/12 :: Merry Christmas everyone!

  • 31/12 :: New Year's Eve Dinner @ Yveon Loft

  • 01/01 :: Happy 2009 everyone!

  • 07/12 - 10/12 :: Good bye Bishan, Hello Bukit Panjang

  • 19/01 :: Renovation completion

Vision'08

  • SAVE UP FOR OUR CUSTOMARY WEDDING !

  • To serve more efficiently in God's kingdom

  • To cultivate a closer relationship with my loved ones

  • To lose 10 kgs

  • To learn to be more sensitive spiritually and emotionally

  • To go for a liveonboard dive trip again

  • To exercise musicianship professionally

  • Have a solo photography exhibition in 2008

  • Love more, give more and bless others more!

  • Expanding my photography business

Travel dreams...

  • Watch a live Sumo match in Japan

  • Climb Mt Fuji

  • Watch the Northern lights

  • Play the slots in Las Vegas

  • Trek Nepal

  • Dive in Maldives

  • Shoot New York City

Links

Powered by
& Blogger Templates
I support
What The Duck - Cash or Cheque?