« Home | Imagination.. » | can't resist it.... » | Wait for the Lord » | Bad throat » | S'cuse me while I puke... » | What's baking my cookies? » | Turn up your volume for this AD! » | New changes to my BLOG! » | Got this off Clubsnap.... » | Love for film... »

Check out this Blog design.... and enjoy the song

http://blog.galvintan.com/?p=97#footer

Very nice hor..... I'm not a Hokkien song fan but I think this song really tickled my funny bone and it says a lot about common people and their aspirations.

Reminded me of an article I read in TODAY (03 Aug issue - Readers' column) about how Singaporeans are owning more to own more: the recent housing downpayment being down but @ the expense of a higher loan interest rate, the car loans with zero downpayment to own a car but paying the bank more for loan and credit cards' introduction scheme to allow younger gen to own and use their cards (abet lower limit) and start their owning more lifestyle... without FQ (Financial Quotient), we will just be owning more to own more.

*The writer's point was to elaborate on the fact that we need to set aside at least 30% of our annual salary income for retirement

The blog design is quite nice! :)

Your comments no pop up anymore?

have ahh...

My aim in life is summarised by the motto "Satisfaction is found in Being rather than Possesssing". Encompassed in this motto is the implicit understanding that we should focus on inner growth and self-actualisation rather than external acquisition. But damn difficult to achieve, esp now got purchasing power.

yupz its true... I like your motto :D I am sometimes (coz I get tempted by the things I want and not by the things I need) reminded of what Pastor shared once in YAM: about the greater things to come after this time span. The eternity after this fissure in the eternity (our lifetime) Pastor's teaching kinda deep huh...

My motto is "see not, tempt not, buy not?" :P

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Shutterbug
  • From- Singapore
  • What- Photographer
My profile

Email...

    ron@eye-deas.com

Supporter of:

    Pupsik Studio

    Sparkle Thots

Movie muse

    IronMan 2008 *****/5

Shout Outs


Calender

  • 15/12 :: Proud owners of our own Loft!

  • 19/12 :: House Reno begins

  • 19/12 :: All-White XMas Party @ The Pond

  • 20/12 :: WPN Xmas Party @ Lightpixels Wessex

  • 25/12 :: Merry Christmas everyone!

  • 31/12 :: New Year's Eve Dinner @ Yveon Loft

  • 01/01 :: Happy 2009 everyone!

  • 07/12 - 10/12 :: Good bye Bishan, Hello Bukit Panjang

  • 19/01 :: Renovation completion

Vision'08

  • SAVE UP FOR OUR CUSTOMARY WEDDING !

  • To serve more efficiently in God's kingdom

  • To cultivate a closer relationship with my loved ones

  • To lose 10 kgs

  • To learn to be more sensitive spiritually and emotionally

  • To go for a liveonboard dive trip again

  • To exercise musicianship professionally

  • Have a solo photography exhibition in 2008

  • Love more, give more and bless others more!

  • Expanding my photography business

Travel dreams...

  • Watch a live Sumo match in Japan

  • Climb Mt Fuji

  • Watch the Northern lights

  • Play the slots in Las Vegas

  • Trek Nepal

  • Dive in Maldives

  • Shoot New York City

Links

Powered by
& Blogger Templates
I support
What The Duck - Cash or Cheque?