« Home | Another pic » | I'm Oakley's devoted fan... » | Late night teh-cino (that's teh in cuppucino style) » | Weird.... » | Here's my beautiful girlfriend » | Argh! » | An afternoon like this.... » | Article by Mr Brown.com (pt 2) » | An article from Mr Brown.com (Pt 1) » | 04:26am »

Spring Clean - Here we go!

Spring cleaning... kinda of an event where most people would not look forward to as they have to encounter layers of settled dust and lotsa of mess around the place. Hmm.. as for me, I like to spring clean once in a while coz I like my place uncluttered and organised. Call me strange (hey, not every guy is so self-initiated to make sure your house is clean and tidy) but I guess my mum's cleaniness habits kinda influenced me since young to keep my things in order.

Well... it was the perfect afternoon (actually it was about 4.30pm when I got started with the cleaning) for cleaning up my place alittle. Afterall, Christmas's coming and within 3 months, Chinese New Year so I thought why not do a little spring cleaning now and I can spend more time later to properly decorate the place for the festivities. So I roped in, but of coz, Serene! Hehehe.. for one, she doesn't like doing housework although she can do it if she wanna and two, it's really a good chance to feel what is like to clean up a place which we will call home in the near future.

Although I always do my spring cleaning alone for the past few years but somehow, this time, it really felt very different. Having a partner to share your decision making to throw or keep or arrange some stuff a certain way or to put what into storage... that exchange of ideas and the in-between conversations seemed to be sitting well with the both of us. We had our fair share of friendly arguements as to whether I should stack some of the storage boxes in a way so that it would not occupy the storeroom floorspace like an L-shape enclosure and the amount of clothes I have left un-ironed in a huge pile in the laundry box...etc. I guess this is the kind of friendly exchange between a young married couple would have if they are cleaning their own home for the 1st time... : ) Anyway, I have doing spring cleaning on my own so I have also conditioned myself to be alittle heartless and throw away those things I don't really need but kept for some sentimental sake.

And... so I started with the storeroom.. Ha! quite a lot of junk I found since the last cleaning (actually, I never did clean the storeroom out properly the last time due to laziness) but I chucked out 6 boxes of useless trash. And throughout the process of cleaning, I found many pieces of wonderful memories like my collection of dusty vhs video tapes of all the anime series I taped when I was 16 - 17, some of my old poly days movies I have made with my fellow coursemate in FSV, lotsa of course notes and my old essays lying quietly in a pile in some rickety cardboard box. My old army gear when I was in BMT, some keepsakes of my BB boy days, some old secondary school photos and behold, my stamp collections! Heh.. these stuff sure brought back a lot of memories and the stories behind these stuff reminded me of God's goodness in all the things that I have done to make me who I am today. While Serene helped me with the ironing (I was never good with ironing. In the army (BMT/ OCS), I always have 2 pairs of well-ironed, well-starched No.4s standing by in my wardrobe coz I'm really kinda hopeless with the ironing process: I always press double lines in my shirts and pants), I rattled on with some of those wonderful memories of my Boys' Brigade days, my Poly days and Army days... like some old trophies of yesterdays.

After packing everything nicely and of coz, finishing my study room and bedroom. We finally got down to vacuuming and mopping up the entire house and man, it was already 10pm! Guess what, while we were cleaning the mop and the toilet area, we realised suddenly that we had missed YAM.... as well as our dinner also. Well, got to catch up on the next one. Taking out the trash (took us 2 trips some more) and later heading off for a well-deserved dinner (more like supper), it was really a good bonding time for the both of us even we 'debated' about how are we really going to cope when we are married and having to clean our house like how we clean out mine today

So you see, spring cleaning can really be a fun activity, it really depends on how you see it. Have you done your spring cleaning yet ; )

Later people!

Ingenious! Missing YAM for springcleaning. I am not looking forward to deciding whether to shift my soft toy collection and other memory keepsake to new home or to chuck them. *sobs*

Wah...sounds really cozy. It's these little things in life that really bonds a couple and helps them know one another better. It's not the romantic dinners with champagne and candlelight but the daily grind of living that helps us develop the intimacy and tacit knowledge of each another. When I look back in my life, I know it is the normal (yet unique to us) stuff e.g. the way we do laundry, make bed, fight over who uses the PC etc that I will remember Dennis by.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Shutterbug
  • From- Singapore
  • What- Photographer
My profile

Email...

    ron@eye-deas.com

Supporter of:

    Pupsik Studio

    Sparkle Thots

Movie muse

    IronMan 2008 *****/5

Shout Outs


Calender

  • 15/12 :: Proud owners of our own Loft!

  • 19/12 :: House Reno begins

  • 19/12 :: All-White XMas Party @ The Pond

  • 20/12 :: WPN Xmas Party @ Lightpixels Wessex

  • 25/12 :: Merry Christmas everyone!

  • 31/12 :: New Year's Eve Dinner @ Yveon Loft

  • 01/01 :: Happy 2009 everyone!

  • 07/12 - 10/12 :: Good bye Bishan, Hello Bukit Panjang

  • 19/01 :: Renovation completion

Vision'08

  • SAVE UP FOR OUR CUSTOMARY WEDDING !

  • To serve more efficiently in God's kingdom

  • To cultivate a closer relationship with my loved ones

  • To lose 10 kgs

  • To learn to be more sensitive spiritually and emotionally

  • To go for a liveonboard dive trip again

  • To exercise musicianship professionally

  • Have a solo photography exhibition in 2008

  • Love more, give more and bless others more!

  • Expanding my photography business

Travel dreams...

  • Watch a live Sumo match in Japan

  • Climb Mt Fuji

  • Watch the Northern lights

  • Play the slots in Las Vegas

  • Trek Nepal

  • Dive in Maldives

  • Shoot New York City

Links

Powered by
& Blogger Templates
I support
What The Duck - Cash or Cheque?