« Home | Running shoes... » | Quick Getaway to the beach... » | Surrealism... » | EyeLashes... » | the HOST » | the CREW » | Answer to IQ Quiz (part 2) » | Golfer » | BaBel » | IQ questions (Part 1) »

Photography style...

Somewhat, I'm stuck with this question now : What is my photography style?

I am having an issue with this question becoz I find that if I can't even define what style I am shooting, then what am I shooting?

On a broad stroke, it's Photojournalism alright but where's the fine line in that?

My pictures are not exactly romantic
They are not very artistic either
Yes they can be emotive but that's highly dependable on the mood and characters of my subjects.
They tend to have a simplified look to them: stark can be the word sometimes BUT what kind of style does all these conclude?

Stark Photojournalism? Nope... dun think my pictures are stark or edgey enough. Emotional, not enough also (linked closely to romantism) .. maybe a little bit of everything but that's not definitive... Classical Photojournalism seems out of the league for me...

Often I do try to think when peers commented on some of my shots as "that's so you." but exactly what is it? What is so Me in those pictures?

What is the definition of my photography style?

Labels: ,

hey, i think your style is a reflection of your inner self, it's exactly what you feel or think about the image that you are creating at the moment. (i could be wrong hor, so pls take it with a pinch of salt). sorri if i don't ans your q. :-) wes

Hi Wes, thanks for enlightening. I do understand on what I feel is what I shoot in relativity. Maybe it's myself trying to define the theme of style which may give me a deeper understanding on how to be a definitive wedding photographer :)

wes took the words outta my mouth.
like i said earlier to ya,
we have to constantly push and redefine ourselves, so "style" is ever changing. but our heart and passion must be there.

Why so worried about putting a label to your style? Do shots which appeal to you and satisfy your creative sensibilities. Shooting styles tend to evolve over time and if you label yourself now, you'll probably end up looking for a new label a little further down the road.

Whenever anybody asks me what I like to shoot, I just tell them "candid and human subjects"... covers a lot of ground. Maybe you can think of something generic too.

T

thanks Wes, Ead and T for your encouraging words..

I guess I was kinda hung up on the fact that I need a definition to define myself when I should be defining my works by whatever style I have been shooting.

Cheerz guys!

- Ron :)

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Shutterbug
  • From- Singapore
  • What- Photographer
My profile

Email...

    ron@eye-deas.com

Supporter of:

    Pupsik Studio

    Sparkle Thots

Movie muse

    IronMan 2008 *****/5

Shout Outs


Calender

  • 15/12 :: Proud owners of our own Loft!

  • 19/12 :: House Reno begins

  • 19/12 :: All-White XMas Party @ The Pond

  • 20/12 :: WPN Xmas Party @ Lightpixels Wessex

  • 25/12 :: Merry Christmas everyone!

  • 31/12 :: New Year's Eve Dinner @ Yveon Loft

  • 01/01 :: Happy 2009 everyone!

  • 07/12 - 10/12 :: Good bye Bishan, Hello Bukit Panjang

  • 19/01 :: Renovation completion

Vision'08

  • SAVE UP FOR OUR CUSTOMARY WEDDING !

  • To serve more efficiently in God's kingdom

  • To cultivate a closer relationship with my loved ones

  • To lose 10 kgs

  • To learn to be more sensitive spiritually and emotionally

  • To go for a liveonboard dive trip again

  • To exercise musicianship professionally

  • Have a solo photography exhibition in 2008

  • Love more, give more and bless others more!

  • Expanding my photography business

Travel dreams...

  • Watch a live Sumo match in Japan

  • Climb Mt Fuji

  • Watch the Northern lights

  • Play the slots in Las Vegas

  • Trek Nepal

  • Dive in Maldives

  • Shoot New York City

Links

Powered by
& Blogger Templates
I support
What The Duck - Cash or Cheque?