« Home | Hong Kong... without an agenda » | Distractions while packing... » | I love pizzas... » | Orange room? Green room? » | 劇場版 AIR » | you can clearly tell... » | What Temperment are you? » | New look ! » | 8.27am... » | After thoughts... »

Drive-By Shooting...

I am not going back to Hong Kong... ever again...
it's just not a place for me, the food is not my taste and the culture, just so detached..

and so I spend the entire trip in the serentity of cabs and bus rides, aimlessly wondering from one location to another.. I can't even be bothered to take my dSLR out coz the humidity and heat killed my enthusiasm to shoot anything decent. And not to mention, the rain water that dripped from the buildings.. don't get me started on that... the people, loud and boisterous.. the shopping, cheap but maybe not to my liking.

I don't hate Hong Kong; it's just that it's a place not for me or Ms Clover...

My only consolation was I shot street most of the time with the newly bought Ricoh GR Digital camera which worked like a charm.
Well, no excuse for my whimsical and careless compositions but seriously I felt it that way and shot what I felt: lost, disoriented, bored, distanced maybe and just wanna get out of the place...

In reflection, this is my impression of my trip to Hong Kong -






more pictures coming up later next week... hopefully

nice T shirt!:P
i m not a fan of HK too...wahahaaaa

i think u've captured HK essence v well. the rush, the disconnectivity.

silver_crv - thanks... got Disney's inspired TShirts on sale @ Giordano so got 2 of designs - wasted, no Monster Inc's Mike Wachowski (the one EYE monster)

Lil snooze - hehe.. you think so? well, I dunno, I didn't enjoy myself as much as enjoyed myself in Taipei so I guess HKG is not a place for me. You are so right on the disconnectivity... :)

So sorry you did not enjoy your trip. But no experience is ever wasted. Somehow and in someway this HK trip will still add to your experience of life and mould you.

This series captures your mood perfectly. Very cool!

Er... Hmmm.... So what makes you decide on Ricoh GR???

thanks guys :)

VisInvis - simply becoz the feel of the camera is good. After reading up on stats and of coz a hands-on session @ Cathay, I feel that the GrD has the best stats as well as the features of compactness and features that can compliment my shooting needs lor.

check this info out - http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/gr/gr_digital/index.html

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Shutterbug
  • From- Singapore
  • What- Photographer
My profile

Email...

    ron@eye-deas.com

Supporter of:

    Pupsik Studio

    Sparkle Thots

Movie muse

    IronMan 2008 *****/5

Shout Outs


Calender

  • 15/12 :: Proud owners of our own Loft!

  • 19/12 :: House Reno begins

  • 19/12 :: All-White XMas Party @ The Pond

  • 20/12 :: WPN Xmas Party @ Lightpixels Wessex

  • 25/12 :: Merry Christmas everyone!

  • 31/12 :: New Year's Eve Dinner @ Yveon Loft

  • 01/01 :: Happy 2009 everyone!

  • 07/12 - 10/12 :: Good bye Bishan, Hello Bukit Panjang

  • 19/01 :: Renovation completion

Vision'08

  • SAVE UP FOR OUR CUSTOMARY WEDDING !

  • To serve more efficiently in God's kingdom

  • To cultivate a closer relationship with my loved ones

  • To lose 10 kgs

  • To learn to be more sensitive spiritually and emotionally

  • To go for a liveonboard dive trip again

  • To exercise musicianship professionally

  • Have a solo photography exhibition in 2008

  • Love more, give more and bless others more!

  • Expanding my photography business

Travel dreams...

  • Watch a live Sumo match in Japan

  • Climb Mt Fuji

  • Watch the Northern lights

  • Play the slots in Las Vegas

  • Trek Nepal

  • Dive in Maldives

  • Shoot New York City

Links

Powered by
& Blogger Templates
I support
What The Duck - Cash or Cheque?